Monday, September 28, 2009

Meet Tina Tamale

This is Tina Ramos, she is one of the owners of La Borinquena. Nearly everone knows her as Tina tamale or Tamale girl. You can find her at tamalegirl.com

She is part of this blog because of what she did, or more accurately what she didn't do; namely to get my side of events so that her family and workers could weigh both sides and not just automatically side with the Hispanic shoe guy against the only white guy...which I think was a very thing racist for Tina tamale to do.

The tamale girl claims to be all about "community" and I was starting a business that would've put serious money in her workers pockets, but I wasn't part of her "community"; Tina's community doesn't include white people.

La Borinquena are Mr. Loza's landlord. They are the people that cheered for Loza the day I came to remove my possessions off the premises a week after Loza attacked me. They were walking by, driving by, and calling him on the phone; "Yay Gus!" " Is he gone?" "Did you get rid of him?"....but not one of them had spoken to me, not one of them knew my side of the story. A few weeks previous to Loza attacking me, I had tried to tell Tina Ramos my side of events, but she didn't want to hear it, she shouted me down.*

What Tina didn't know was that Loza had asked me not to talk to anyone at Borinquena about the business I was starting. He said I should wait until I'd made some product and had something to show them; which seems like a reasonable thing, but I didn't realize that Loza wanted to isolate me from them. He knew that Ms. Ramos and her family wouldn't question anything he told them, nor would they speak to me; and with me not speaking to them, well, it made me seem like the bad guy. Mr. Loza was apparently over at Borinquena telling lies about me. Saying things like, "Steve isn't doing anything" "Steve keeps asking me to buy him things"...** These are links to other pages that pertain to my unlawful eviction.

(I will explain about the business in future blogs. But with only one hour a day, this is going up in bits and pieces).


*Seriously, Tina went off on me like a rabid Chihuahua with flames shooting out it's butt. That's not meant as a racial slur, but Ms. Ramos is a Pisces, and when a Pisces goes postal, it ain't pretty. **I figured this out from comments that Ms. Ramos had made the times she came over to speak with Loza in his store. It's not that I wasn't doing anything, but that I couldn't do anything. Loza refused to buy the tools and supplies I needed to get the business started. I'd only asked Loza for what I needed for making the products, never for anything personal or frivolous. My requests were all business oriented....but Loza is apparently a miser, and he didn't want to spend the money to honor his word on an agreement that he freely initiated.

No comments:

Post a Comment